Want to create or adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open publishing practices.
Book Contents Navigation
Open Textbook and Copyright Information
1. Introduction to Communication Studies
2. Communication and Perception
3. Language and Meaning
4. Nonverbal Communication
6. Media, Technology, and Communication
7. Culture and Communication
8. Preparing and Supporting a Speech
9. Delivering a Speech
10. Informative Speaking
11. Persuasive Speaking
12. Small Group Communication
13. Leadership, Roles, and Problem Solving in Groups
Timothy Ball, Ph.D.
“Stack of hardcover encyclopedias against red background” by Old Photo Profile from Flickr. 2008. CC BY 2.0.
Illustrations and Cover Design
Communication in the Real World by Faculty members in the School of Communication Studies, James Madison University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.