12 Start a New Book
There are a few different ways to start a new book project.
- When you sign up for a new account: Choose the option “Register my book now” on the account creation screen. On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter more details about your book.
- From the JMU Libraries Pressbooks homepage: Once you have created an account, you can start a new book project at any time by clicking “Create” on the site homepage.
- From the Dashboard: Hover over “My Catalog” in the upper left-hand corner of the window, and choose “Add a New Book.”
- It’s a good idea to make your book private while you’re still setting it up. You can turn on the privacy setting on the screen where you first create your book. You can also turn privacy on and off from the Dashboard in the Text > Organize section.
- Your book will have a unique URL (“webbook address”). This cannot be changed, so choose it wisely. You can change the actual book title at any time and as many times as you wish.