JMU Libraries supports the creation of free, open, and accessible educational resources. We are actively committed to increasing the accessibility and usability of the textbooks we produce.
Accessibility features of the web version of these Guidelines
The has been designed with accessibility in mind by incorporating the following features:
- Links, headings, and tables are formatted to work with screen readers.
- Images have alt tags.
- Information is not conveyed by color alone.
- There is an option to increase font size (see tab on top right of screen).
Other file formats available
In addition to the web version, this book is available in a number of file formats including PDF, EPUB (for eReaders), MOBI (for Kindles), and various editable files. Here is a link to where you can download this book in another file format. Look for the “Download this book” drop-down menu to select the file type you want.
The web version of this resource follows all guidelines in Appendix A: Checklist for Accessibility. The development of this toolkit involved working with students with various print disabilities who provided their personal perspectives and helped test the toolkit content.
Known accessibility issues and areas for improvement
While we strive to ensure that this resource is as accessible and usable as possible, we might not always get it right. Any issues we identify will be listed below. There are currently no known issues.
Let us know if you are having problems accessing this toolkit
We are always looking for ways to make our resources more accessible. If you have problems accessing this resource, please contact Liz Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information:
- The location of the problem by providing a web address or page description
- A description of the problem
- The computer, software, browser, and any assistive technology you are using that can help us diagnose and solve your issue
- e.g., Windows 10, Google Chrome (Version 65.0.3325.181), NVDA screen reader
The JMU Pressbooks Accessibility Statement is adapted from the statement provided in the Accessibility Toolkit – 2nd Edition by BCcampus, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This statement was last updated on August 17, 2022.